Grab your students by their Brains!
The three book series provides a solid foundation in steel pan technique and a logical progression of challenges for developing the ability to read music. Designed for the Jumbie Jam teaching basic to intermediate music playing skills and theory introducing the JJ the same way a new music student would learn any other instrument. Can be used for other instruments too.
The songs are popular melodies that are learned on many other instruments but have been specifically arranged for the JJ. The student learns to play songs while also learning to read traditional music notation. Also includes two original compositions in each book that focus on specific musical and technical elements.
Free Downloadable accompaniment audio files include two tracks per song (with Steel Drum & without Steel Drum). Can also be used for performances.
Series of three Method Books sold separately or as a Series Set of Three. Fantastic for K-8 General Music Classrooms, Music Academies, Community Arts & Music Programs, Private & Group Lessons.
About the Author - Scott Johnson composes music for steel pan and other instruments. Scott teaches percussion through his music lesson studio Upbeat Music, located in Chicago. With the creation of the Jumbie Jam Steel Pan, Scott now has the perfect beginning instrument to introduce steel pan to his students.
- Series of three Method Books designed for the Jumbie Jam and can be used for instructing other instruments.
- Teaching basic to intermediate music playing skills, music theory and reading music.
- Introduces the JJ the same way a new music student would learn any other instrument.
- Sold separately or as a Series Set of Three.
- Free Downloadable Audio Tracks included with one track for each song containing the steel pan part and one without, can also be used for performances.
- Fantastic for K-8 General Music Classrooms, Music Academies, Community Arts & Music Programs, Private & Group Lessons.